Custom Special Order
1) The first decision to make is what kind of table(s) you are interested in. We offer Dining, Coffee, Console, Accent and End Tables, along with Desks, Shelving Units and Media Consoles.
2) What are the right dimensions? Some things to consider:
Dining Table- how many chairs do you want around it? How big are the chairs? What size is the room? You generally need an extra 36” all the way around for movement in, out and around the table.
Coffee Table- How big is your couch/sofa/chair(s)? How much space do you have? What else is in the room? Do you have a colorful rug that you are trying to highlight?
Console Table- Is it going under something like a TV, art or a mirror? Next to a door that opens into it? Entryway? Is it behind a sofa? If so, how high is the back of the sofa?
Accent Table- where is it going in the house? The entryway? Next to a sofa? A chair? How high? Is a lamp going on it?
Desk- What kind of chair is going with it? What’s in the room? Writing only? Computer? How much leg room do you need? Drawers or no?
Outdoor Table- is it going under a covered patio? Exposed to the elements? How much space do you have? Ideally how many people will be sitting at it? What kind and size chairs are going around it?
Shelving- Where is it going? Bookcase? Media Console? Cords running through it?
3) Choose the type of materials you prefer for the top and base. We use metal, wood, glass, and stone for the tops and acrylic, wood and iron for the bases.
4) Decide on the shape. We can fabricate tops that are round, oval, ellipse, rectangle, square and sometimes custom shapes depending on what the material is.
5) Once you know size and material for the top, it generally makes the base choice easier. Choose from pedestals and slab/stretcher options, or some abstract iron. We will work with you on base shape ideas if you want to get creative.
6) Usually the last step is to pick the finish for the top and/or base. The metal tops range from plain gray/steel coloring to rusted, acid washed and nano-sealed. There are numerous beautiful wood stain options and the glass has a few choices as well. We will go over that in detail during the process.
Once you have decided on the final product, all we need is a 50% deposit on the total, and away we go!
Dining Tables and Desks generally take 6-8 weeks on average, depending on the material.
Coffee, Console, and Accent Tables generally take 3-5 weeks on average, depending on the material.
Any of the other items will be a case by case timeline, but shouldn’t take more than 6-10 weeks at the most.